This unit, officially known as the Metro Special Operations
Section, is comprised of police officers from South Bend, Mishawaka, and St Joseph
County Police Departments.
unit investigates crimes involving dangerous drugs, illegal narcotics and marijuana
distribution and usage and all related intelligence to detection, interception, and shutting down suspected drug activity.
To report potential drug
related activity, please call 574.235.9406 or you can call to report through our
Crime Stoppers Anonymous Tips Line at 574.288.STOP
If you suspect drug activity is taking place in your neighborhood, we encourage you to report this information to us for furthe rinvestigation and follow up. If possible, the following is of great value to us to assist in our investigation:
- Location (exact addresses)
- Is house rented, owned, SB Housing Authority residence,etc.? If known
- Dates or time windows when activity appears to be highest (example- from 4-8 pm, after midnight, especially on Fridays, etc.)
- Vehicles that 'belong' to the residence. ( prefer color, make, model, etc)
- License Plate numbers if possible from known vehicles
- Descriptions of persons who appear involved in selling narcotice
- License plates and vehicle descriptions of visiting vehicles (note times if possible)
- Method of which you see this activity (example- horn honks, subject walks outside to car; people come and go inside the residence, juvenile subject on bike circles area and stops cars, etc.)
Please note that there is strength in numbers when neighbors work together
to gather this information and it can be of significant value to MSOS investigators, or patrol officers that may be assigned to address this problem when possible. The more information that is recieved through your simple observation and recording of this intelligence can greatly speed a process of "shutting down" a suspected drug house up. We appreciate your information, involvement and willingness to get involved.
Your information and tips are handled confidentially and anonymously.
South Bend Police MSOS Drug Activity Hotline at 235-9406,
Crime Stoppers, at 288-STOP,
Meth: Indiana State Police Methamphetamine Hotline at 1-800-453-4756
or if you see manufacture in progress, contact 911.